Anticipating change, risk and opportunity with readiness
What is ‘organisational resilience’?
4 stage framework (BSI, in response to covid)
- SURVIVE – getting to a relative place of safety (together)
- STABILISE – maintaining (safety, security and wellbeing)
- REBUILD – setting a revised course for the next “normal”
- RESILIENCE – Forward planning to achieve a secure future
Why is resilience important for trusts?
Trusts are under
- DfE pressure to grow or merge
- DfE pressure to improve standards
- Financial pressure to do more with less
- ESFA regulatory scrutiny
- 20 minute individual slot on any issue/query, e.g.
- Governance and compliance
- Staff and HR
- Admissions and exclusions
- Contracts and procurement
- Growth and significant changes