Do you have the accounting resources and expertise needed to operate as an Academy?
EBM’s accounting support service is aimed at supporting existing business and finance managers in meeting the reporting and financial governance standards required for operating as an academy
Accounting support to academies
Academies must comply with the high standards of financial governance set in The Academies Financial Handbook and Accounts Directions. The form of the accounts, as set out in the Academies Accounts Direction, can seem complex if you are not familiar with charity accounts.
Experience tells us that the finance teams in academies require access to accounting support throughout the financial year to help them navigate and understand the accounting and reporting requirements for academies.
Our service is designed to work alongside your team to give the necessary support:
- Access to an accounting support helpline
- Support with month-end procedures
- Preparation of management accounts
- Cash flow forecasting
- Year-end accounting support
- preparation of working papers
- preparation of financial statements in statutory format
- Training for your team
Wider accounting services available to academies
We provide a wide range of other support, drawing on our access to a dedicated team of professionals working in the education sector. These services will be tailored to your needs:
- Long term financial planning
- Budget setting
- EFA budget returns
- Cash flow forecasting
- Payroll input or checks
- Bank or other control account reconciliations
- VAT claims
- Business case/applications for capital grants
- Creation of fixed asset register
- Systems selection
- Implementation support
- Development of financial regulations
- Finance manual/control procedures
Value for money reviews
- Benchmarking exercises
- Contract reviews
- Procurement/market testing of goods and services
- VAT registration reviews/partial exemption advice
- Direct tax advice
- Establishment of trading subsidiaries • Gift aid
- PAYE reviews/health checks
Why choose EBM?
EBM, through its significant experience and previous working links with PKF and BDO, is one of the UK’s leading groups of advisers to the education sector.
EBM has well developed links with the DfE in relation to MATs, Academies and Free Schools.
Our dedicated education consultants have a successful track record of delivering more than 200 Academies and Free Schools across the country; many of them of a complex nature in short timescales.
Our extensive track record has ensured that we are the team of choice for a number of multi- sponsor organisations throughout the country.
Why should academies choose EBM?
- Professional support from accountants and business advisers with in-depth knowledge of the education sector
- Flexible support which can be scaled up or down when you need it
- Specialist support in areas including financial planning, controls, systems selection, value for money reviews and taxation
Our aim is to provide service excellence combined with affordability.